Here's the super easy process.
- Magnolia leaves
- Acrylic craft paint in your color of choice
- Small dish or paper plate
- Painter's tape
- Small paint brush
- Paint or Chalk paint marker
Here is an easy and inexpensive DIY place card idea. They would be perfect for a barn wedding or farmhouse wedding, but would make any dinner special! These DIY paint dipped magnolia leaf place cards are so simple to make! Make just a few for a small dinner party, or lay out a hundred of them and make them in bulk for a wedding or other larger event.
Here's the super easy process.
How to Do It:
1. Squirt your paint out in a small bowl or paper plate. I wanted a rose gold paint, but I didn't have one on hand. I mixed a metallic gold acrylic paint and a pink. It came out really well!
2. Tape off the section of leaf that you want to paint. If you need symmetry in your life, you can paint them all the same. If you'd like to add a little variety to them, you can tape them at different angles or straight across the end.
My tip: to conserve painter's tape you can cut it into thin strips lengthwise. It doesn't need to be an inch wide for this project!
3. Paint one or two coats, as needed for coverage.
4. When the paint is dry, carefully peel off the blue tape. If it is coming off unevenly, you may need to score the line lightly with a craft knife or touch up the line with a little bit of paint.
5. Write out the names using a paint or chalk marker.
My Tip: Before you start writing your names, plan out your table. Think about how you want your leaves to be arranged. You could alternate having the paint dipped end on the left and right of the leaf, or they could all be on the right or the left. It just depends on what you like.
When I used these magnolia leaf place cards on this Rustic Pink Table, I did half of them with the paint on the left and half with it on the right. That way, when you look down the table, the leaf tips are on the same side.
Just a simple cursive or print will look nice if you aren't a fancy writer. I used this metallic pink marker I got from Dollar Tree. I was really impressed with how well it wrote! You could also use a white chalk marker and it would make the name stand out more.
And that's it! So easy!
Hope you found some place card inspiration for your next event! Thanks for stopping by! If you'd like to sign up for my email newsletter to get all of my latest DIYs and projects, click here.
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go
I don't know about you, but I have tons of scrap wood and this little project was a great way to use...
Okay. you may be tired of seeing my sliding door projects, but this one is the last. My master bath...
This very well may be the easiest project I will ever post. For quite some time now I have wanted to...
Everybody loves throw pillows, but we also know that the beautiful ones are a bit pricey. So I’ll...
I refinish furniture for a living and staging that furniture for photographs is part of the job, so...