Textured Planter

7 materials
$15
1 Day

I keep seeing beautifully textured white vases and planters online and in the stores (ahem Target). I personally can't justify $40+ on a small planter. So let's try to DIY one!

Have had this planter from the -not dollar spot - at target for over a year. It's still very functional just not my colors anymore.

I mixed one part white paint to 1 part baking soda (actual measurements differ for your preferred texture). I painted the first coat on.

I then added some coarse black pepper for texture to the remaining paint. I used about a teaspoon- again whatever you prefer here! no rules

After the paint dried I used some wood stain to add some dimension and movement to the planter. I really like the aged look the stain gives it.

Here it is finished I used some rub n buff for the tray at the bottom and I love the contrast between the two. If you do this, be sure to seal the planter with a polyurethane spray. There is a video of this available on my instagram highlights "Textured Planter". Id love for you to follow me there for large diy, small diy, lifestyle, and recipes. @Beingjsmith

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 7 questions

Comments

2 of 31 comments
Next