Solar Light Cleaning Hack

3 materials
$10

So if you have solar lights, then no doubt at some point and time they developed that white hazy film over the panel. I have tried several hacks, the toothpaste, WD40, vinegar, nail polish remover...you get my drift. Some worked temporarily, others not at all. I finally found a product that works with little effort.

So here are my lights. I have 20 in total.

Some are worse than others, most look like this. I began by wiping the dust off my lights with a damp cloth.

Here is the product I will be using. It is used for cleaning foggy headlights. It is a cleaner and polisher. It's called Meguars PlastX.

You will need a sponge and soft cloth to clean lights.

I applied the Maguars directly from bottle on the lights.

Using my sponge I wiped cleaner on the surface and let sit about 15 minutes.

After the 15 minutes, you're going to take your soft cloth and start to wipe and buff off the cleaner.

Here is your light clean and free from the white haze.I continued the process on my other lights.

Here they all are clean and ready to go . The cleaner puts a protective coating on the lights. This was super easy and alot less messy than some of the hacks I have tried over the years! Now I just need some sun to come out and charge my lights!

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 20 comments
Next