How to Preserve Magnolia Leaves & DIY Magnolia Wreath

102K Views
I have been preserving my magnolia leaves for about a week now. It's super easy!
All you need is:
Magnolia leaves/branches
Glycerin
Water
Containers
Hammer
  • how to preserve magnolia leaves diy magnolia wreath, crafts, flowers, gardening, how to
In a bowl or container, add 1 part glycerin, two parts water. Stir the mixture, then place leaves in the mixture making sure not to overlap. You will need to lay another container or plate on top of the leaves to keep then submerged into the mixture. Leave for about 3-4 days, then pat dry with paper towels. You can use the same technique for preserving your branches with the leaves still on them.Cut the ends of the branches, then lightly hammer each end of the stem to reveal the veins. Arrange the branches in the glycerin solution for about a month. Make sure you keep them out of direct sunlight.
I'm excited to share how easy and inexpensive it is to make your own magnolia wreath! Visit Beachwood Place to see how. Also on this post, a 10 minute diy Fall vase for only $12!
http://beachwoodplace.blogspot.com/2014/08/ten-minute-fall-vase-diy-magnolia-wreath.html wreath

Suggested materials for this project:

Beachwood Place