Beachwood Place
Beachwood Place
  • Virginia Beach, VA

How to Preserve Magnolia Leaves & DIY Magnolia Wreath

I have been preserving my magnolia leaves for about a week now. It's super easy!
All you need is:
Magnolia leaves/branches
Glycerin
Water
Containers
Hammer
how to preserve magnolia leaves diy magnolia wreath, crafts, flowers, gardening, how to
In a bowl or container, add 1 part glycerin, two parts water. Stir the mixture, then place leaves in the mixture making sure not to overlap. You will need to lay another container or plate on top of the leaves to keep then submerged into the mixture. Leave for about 3-4 days, then pat dry with paper towels. You can use the same technique for preserving your branches with the leaves still on them.Cut the ends of the branches, then lightly hammer each end of the stem to reveal the veins. Arrange the branches in the glycerin solution for about a month. Make sure you keep them out of direct sunlight.
I'm excited to share how easy and inexpensive it is to make your own magnolia wreath! Visit Beachwood Place to see how. Also on this post, a 10 minute diy Fall vase for only $12!
http://beachwoodplace.blogspot.com/2014/08/ten-minute-fall-vase-diy-magnolia-wreath.html wreath
Beachwood Place

• Tanie York

I'm trying this. I'm staying with my mom in GA as she is ill. It is 11/29 and I want to make a swag and wreath for her as a surprise. I was inspired by the Giant Magnolia tree in a neighboring lot and asked the neighbor today if I could have leaves. He said take as many as you would like. I am going to photo the process including collecting the leaves in the rain in the morning. It is our project. :-)

• Bar21094213

Just found this info, my leaves have been air drying in the stem for about 3 days. I was told to purchase dried flower preservative from Hobby Lobby. After I cut the leaves off the stems I found I had to do this outside. Its night time and raining so I had to wait till this morning now they are more dried and curling. Can I still do this with glycerin or is it too late