DIY Faux Silver Leaf Table

This little table was another one of those projects that i had been delaying for quiet some time now.
Lets begin with the Before shot Shall We.
Last year i spray painted the top part with Silver Spray Paint thinking it would make the situation a little better. But Nopes still seemed pretty bad as you can clearly see plus there were alot of scratches on the table now and also on the legs of the spray paint was coming of in many places .
And so began the journey of transforming this table into something more pretty ,if that could actually happen.
I started of by dividing the table into squares using masking tape.
I just eyeballed it and taped it into equal parts. Anything which involves the slightest bit of numbers/maths I am out. Plus if i can do such a good job with just eye balling why measure and waste time on unnecessary brain “torture”.
Moving on as I mentioned earlier this table was going in the same room as the upgraded Mirror so i used the same exact colors and gave the tables a good two to three coats of both the pink colors alternating the light and the dark colors.
When the squares were painted I could have left it as it is because I thought it actually did look cute but since i have been obsessing over silver leafing for a while now I had to use it on this table.
Initially the plan was to Faux Silver Leaf the whole table but since I have done that in the past maybe around when i was like 15 years old i had this huge Wall Art on which i used Faux Silver Leafing. Oh before i forget Faux Silver Leaf aka Aluminium Foil is what i used on this DIY Project.
So i cut up Triangles out of the Aluminum Foil for the square boxes that i painted on the table.
And then from there on out it was just a matter of placing the Foil in whatever pattern that i felt made more sense.
All Done.

30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Anam - Delicious And DIY

• Laura Crognalo

How do you stop the foil from ripping?

• Patti

You can use silver or gold leaf from s craft store too. It comes with an adhesive for good contact and won't ripple.