Home Repair Tutor
Home Repair Tutor
  • Pittsburgh, PA

How to Clean a Bathtub (FAST!!!)

$23

We're all busy these days and don't have a ton of time to clean. That's reason I love coming up with cleaning hacks that save a boat loads of time.
Last week I found a little gadget called the PowerBall. It's in the automotive section of big box stores and can be used with a power drill.
The PowerBall is made of foam and won't scratch your tub or tile. Which makes it perfect for cleaning bathtubs.
Sure it's not perfect (severely stained grout won't look new again, that requires a different tutorial).
BUT if you need to clean your bathtub or tile floor in less than 10 minutes this could be the next thing you buy. It costs $22.47, not bad at all.
Check out my video tutorial over on Home Repair Tutor for all the details. I think you'll like the tips :)
Cheers,
Jeff
how to clean a bathtub fast, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, home maintenance repairs, how to
Clean your faucet, handles, spout, tub, and surround with the PowerBall
The PowerBall is made from foam and won't scratch surfaces.
Fill a bucket with 1 gallon of water
Spray your tub and surround with your favorite cleaning solution. By the way, what is your favorite cleaning solution? Share that in the comments because we'd all like to know :)
Use the PowerBall with a power drill.....
Rinse your tub and surround with water.
Wear protection when using any chemicals.

Home Repair Tutor

• Diane Stutz Miller

Can this be used on painted vehicles?

• Diena Cameron

HomerepairTudor, thanks for the great tip !
      Vic73159, is it really what it was intended for, a car ???? Thanks for letting us know. I don't have a problem with a dirty bathtub or shower but i could really use something that makes it alot easier for cleaning my car or my husbands. .)
  • Bettye Martinez

Can you use this in a shower stall as well? It seems I can never get my shower stall clean enough no matter what I use. Thanks!

• Beth Collins Robertson

Trying to find a cleaning method for a vinyl tub, it's not bad, but it has to be cleaned with something I can use with no breathing or bending difficulty
    • Sandybeach0412

I use my old Swiffer dry mop not the one with liquid
      Put ingredients in a spray bottle (I can't breathe either) so I use perioxide,dawn,& water. Use an old hand towel in place of Swiffer pads.
      Spray the bathtub,then I use the spray in the toilet & go to start cleaning the vanities.
      After the vanities I clean the toilets and then use the Swiffer on the bathtub and wall.
      I say vanities and toilets as I have jack and Jill bathrooms with the shower in the middle area.
      I don't kill my back not have to stop to take my inhaler

• Shawn FitzGerald

Vinegar and Dawn dish-washing soap. Cuts right through everything.
  • Dawn Miller Emde

I use Young Living Essential Oils Thieves Cleaner. It's non-toxic and smells great.
    Dawn Emde 🌹
    Distributor #1060034
    Young Living Essential Oils
    • Nanc Howell-Branch

Thieves Household Cleaner is what I use too! Such a clean fragrance, and super cleaning power for the whole house!!