DIY Stained Glass Solution for Privacy on Doors and Windows

Our office is the first room you see when you our house. We have French doors and while they're pretty and let lots of light in, they tend showcase the millions of little fingerprints that tend to accumulate on them throughout the day. Admittedly, the office is also usually a crap mess, especially my desk. The obvious solution with be to straighten it out. It's on the to do list! The thing is though, it's just not a pretty room. It hasn't been decorated and has absolutely no personality at all. I bought a curtain over a year ago to try and mask it, but when I tested it, I didn’t care much for the look and I found it really didn’t let enough light in. I used one of those window cling films that you apply with water and a squeegee on our front door sidelights, but the thought of cutting all of those little rectangles out for every pane of glass in the French doors didn’t sound like much fun. I went through lots of trial and error, but this is what I ended up doing!
Nope, it's not Mod Podge. Been there done that and it wasn't cute.AT.ALL. You can see pics of that epic fail on my blog!
It didn't look so pretty while I was working with it, lol!
...but, I was able to achieve a really pretty fluid look don't ya think?
...and it conceals the fingerprints and the nitty gritty of the office disaster. Head on over to my blog to see what I used!!! Thanks for looking y'all! xo

25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Simple Southern Charm

• Jacquie Jacque

Can I use this idea for my outdoor lights? The glass is crackled but don't like the ambiance- it's still too stark. I have 2 on porch, 2 on garage and 2 in back-

I thought to apply on the inside of the lights as then the paint would be protected from the elements.

I have tried dimmers with the lights and need a solution to make a soft lighting instead of the current lighting it emits- takes chandelier bulbs- which I believe I could see if led lighting would work.

I don't want to spend alot as I have to sell the family home and getting great ideas (thank you!). All ideas are so welcome!

Thank you!

Jacquie

• Snoosh Gmd

Awesome idea! I have a small crack in my front door window and definitely will be cheaper using this technique by applying stencils design instead of replacing it all.

Thank you!!!