DIY Stained Glass Solution for Privacy on Doors and Windows

345K Views
Our office is the first room you see when you our house. We have French doors and while they're pretty and let lots of light in, they tend showcase the millions of little fingerprints that tend to accumulate on them throughout the day. Admittedly, the office is also usually a crap mess, especially my desk. The obvious solution with be to straighten it out. It's on the to do list! The thing is though, it's just not a pretty room. It hasn't been decorated and has absolutely no personality at all. I bought a curtain over a year ago to try and mask it, but when I tested it, I didn’t care much for the look and I found it really didn’t let enough light in. I used one of those window cling films that you apply with water and a squeegee on our front door sidelights, but the thought of cutting all of those little rectangles out for every pane of glass in the French doors didn’t sound like much fun. I went through lots of trial and error, but this is what I ended up doing!
  • diy stained glass privacy doors windows, diy, doors, window treatments, windows
Nope, it's not Mod Podge. Been there done that and it wasn't cute.AT.ALL. You can see pics of that epic fail on my blog!
It didn't look so pretty while I was working with it, lol!
...but, I was able to achieve a really pretty fluid look don't ya think?
...and it conceals the fingerprints and the nitty gritty of the office disaster. Head on over to my blog to see what I used!!! Thanks for looking y'all! xo

Suggested materials for this project:

Simple Southern Charm