Cozy Sweater Crafts

I had time to do a couple of quick Fall crafts using an old sweater that was headed to the garbage. It looks okay in the picture but it was stained and pilled. It was in no shape to pass on but, it was good enough to repurpose. So I did.
cozy sweater crafts, crafts, mason jars, repurposing upcycling
I started with the cuffs.
I cut the cuff off the sweater and slipped it on the coffee cup for an instant coffee cozy. I could have stopped there but it looked a little plain so I thought I would pretty it up a little.
I made flowers using buttons and scraps of fabric from the Fall wreath I made last year
I used the other sweater cuff to make a votive holder/ vase. I just slipped the cuff over a mason jar added some jute twine and a fabric flower. Then I filled the jar with popcorn kernels and popped in a votive candle. Totally cozy for Fall.
Kristine(Teeny Ideas)

• Alice Freshcorn

use your hand as a pattern and cut out mittens and then stich them..

• Jean Whittington

think that is a great idea! now i wish i had kept the cuffs from the orange sweater i used to make a pumpkin with!