Coffee Filter Wreath

I have pinned tons of coffee filter projects, because they are inexpensive and make a great project. Who is like me and pins and pins and pins, but never gets around to actually creating those pins? Well, I’m going to start trying to build on all that pinning inspiration I have going on over in Pinterest.
So this weekend I tried my hand at a coffee filter wreath. With fall coming on I didn’t really want to
how to make a coffee filter wreath, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
For just a little cost, you can create an expensive looking wreath. I believe I have $15 invested in this wreath, and it looks amazing. I will warn you that it does take some time.
So let me get started on this tutorial, so you can run out and purchase your supplies and make your own one. If you can fold a circle into fourths and use a glue gun, then you can master this wreath!
First you need a styrofoam wreath, some coffee filters, ribbon for attaching a hanger, floral picks, and LOTS of glue sticks. All my supplies were purchased from Hobby Lobby or Michael’s on sale or with a coupon. Except the coffee filters can be purchased at HEB or Target. (That’s where I found them in my neck of the woods.)
I used burlap ribbon because I was going to make a burlap hanger as well. Next you need to wrap your ribbon around the wreath and tie it to make a loop to either attach more ribbon to for a hanger, or to just hang it from there. If you don’t do this now, you won’t be able to add it after you glue coffee filters on it.
Now how do you do these filters. First you fold it in half, then you gather it up and twist the end so it resembles a flower. I folded mine sort of back and forth like you make a accordion fan.
That little twisty end is what you use to glue it to the wreath. Now you glue these to the wreath covering the entire thing, well except the back. Because nobody is going to see that part, so why waste the filters and glue. There really isn’t a specified way to do this, just pick a starting point and start glueing. Glue over the ribbon you already attached. It will still be loose in the back to hang it from.
Once all the filters are glued on, gather up your floral picks. I ended up only using one of the grapevine looking pumpkins, and then the darker cat-tail pick. The first thing I do is cut all the flowers off the pick at the base of the main stem. This way each piece is independent. The white flowers were cut close to the base of each flower rather than at the base of the pick stem. Then I stuck the cat-tail pieces in the styrofoam wreath, placed the pumpkin at the base of where I stuck in the cat-tail pieces, and then glued on the white flowers.
You just have to play with it until it looks like you want. The last thing I did was tie on another piece of burlap for a hanger. Here is what I ended up with. It looks so elegant for just $15. So gather all your supplies, and make your wreath during the next football game or movie you want to watch. Have fun with it!
Shannon Marburger

• Cam23995085

How talented you are to come up with such a good idea, you must be very artistic. Thank you for sharing your talent.

• Norma J Lucas

I just love the coffee filter wreath. Such a cute idea.. I would love to try and make one but I am afraid my hands could not take the abuse. OLD Hands. Maybe I can try it someday.