Louise
Louise

I planted some lettuce a week or so ago and it's come up nicely, but now I'm not sure what to do. A friend said it won't

grow well in planters like I have it in, but I grew some in the early spring in these same planters. That crop was left over from last fall's plants that didn't do well at all, but surfaced again in the spring. I only got enough for maybe 3 salads, but it was very tasty. I think I'm supposed to thin this when I see real lettuce leaves on it, but can I transplant the ones I thin out? I hate to toss out something that would thrive in another container. Or, will it?
i planted some lettuce a week or so ago and it s come up nicely but now i m not sure, container gardening, gardening

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

yes, make a tent like structure, I think plastic will be lighter and less likely to sag onto your delicate plants. Be sure to take it off when it warms up or you might cook the plants.

• Louise

I just made a tent from plastic. Looks pretty workable. I'll post a pix later of my handiwork. :-)