BURLAP WINDOW VALANCE: NO SEW - BUT LOTS OF PAINT!!

Started out w/just a plain burlap window valance.
After looking at it for awhile I decided it needed some pfhzazz! So, down it came and I taped off stripes and painted them a barn red.
Then I decided it STILL needed something else.THAT'S IT - I'll add a black stripe on each side of the red stripe.
Heat setting the paint. Don't forget to do this step. It keeps the paint from fading when it's washed!!
MY INSPIRATION - FARMERS MARKET SIGN. See why I painted the red stripes? I thought I was all done . . . Not Quite!!! (See the Mustard Stripe:)
So, I HAD to add one more stripe - THE MUSTARD!!
Of course I have to show the good, the bad and the Ugly. I had to have a piece of fabric for the rod pocket and all I had was an old sheet! So what, right? Whatever works!!
TA DA!! IT'S FINISHED - IT'S UP - I'M DONE!! Oh - the no sew part - Not one single stitch used on this baby. I used stitch witchery for every single thing that needed to be hemmed, attached or stuck on!!

• Gwen Marshall

Where do you buy burlap? Craft store which are few and far between where I live in Canada.

• V Valencia

@Gwen Marshall I have bought fabric online. I know that can be a little scary because you can't feel and see the fabric in person, but burlap may not be a problem. Here are some sites in the US. http://www.moodfabrics.com/, http://www.lowpricefabric.com/, http://www.joann.com/

• Sarah

Walmart also has burlap on roll, different colors

• Annie Doherty

This valance is so pretty thanks for sharing. We don't have the wealth of suppliers either in the UK, I once cut up a pair of burlap sacks for fabric which I sourced at B&Q a DIY store in the UK. They had these sacks for builders they are fairly large and fairly cheap too win win.

• Lisa Terry Hann

Hardware stores, dollar stores carry them. Gardening stores, widely available here in the fall since people wrap their trees and shrubs in it to prevent damage over our harsh winters.

• Dfu2813160

Washing the curtains. Will the paint come off. How would u seal the paint

• Sandy

What type of paint did you use?