DIY Tin Can Wreath for Christmas

$15.00

Here is a easy upcycling project using tin cans. Create a fun and funky wreath for Christmas.
Spray paint 8 tin cans in the colour of your choice. I'm using cherry red paint. Set aside in a warm place for 20 minutes to dry.
Set aside in a warm place for 20 minutes to dry.
Decorate four of the cans with ribbon. Cut the ribbon to the size of the can and glue it on. Keep four cans the plain colour.
Punch holes in bottoms and thread with string.
Then pull the cans together arranging in the circle, pull tight and knot the string.
If you like a perfect circle, glue gun a spot of glue here and there to help hold shape.
OR if you have a solderer, solder the tins to keep the circle shape.
Add accessories...a bow and a ribbon to hang. I've used burlap ribbon and Christmas words ribbon.
As you can see my wreath is a little oval, but I'm still LOVING it!
You could adapt this idea for Halloween (Black cans, webs & spiders) or (orange cans, mini pumpkins), or Valentines Day (Red cans, and hearts).
Change the burlap bow to ribbon with the different accessories to suit the occasion...
Hang on your front door... and ENJOY. Pop over to the blog for the full tutorial and my battle details trying to get this wreath circular!

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Tracey Lee Cassin

• Kathy
    Kathy

Yes I will try this project,very clever and simple but also kinda cute .thanks for the idea
  • Marg
    Marg

Very cute wreath! Love diy projects.