How to Make a Christmas Ornament Wreath With a Wire Hanger

I know what you're thinking: "Oh great, another Christmas ornament wreath tutorial," BUT my tutorial comes with a twist! I made my wreath one-handed. That's right, a glue gun in one hand and a cocktail in the other. Hazardous, perhaps, but my point is if you prefer your projects to be rather quick and effortless...so much so that you can slam down a shot of tequila while working on it, then read on my friend...
how to make a christmas ornament wreath with a wire hanger, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
These wreaths are SO easy and inexpensive to make.
All you'll need is a wire coat hanger, a glue gun, Christmas garland swag,
and some ornaments (cocktail is optional).
I found most of my ornaments at the Dollar Store. A handful of the larger red ones were given to me by my mom a few years ago. For the ornaments, you'll want to use a variety of sizes, textures, and colors. I used around 50 ornaments to complete this project.
The collage below is a step-by-step guide of how to create your own ornament wreath.
Approximately $9.00 and 30 minutes later and I've got myself a pretty and festive holiday wreath! Now go grab your glue gun (and a bottle of wine).
Delightfully Noted

• Sandra LEE Olson

How do u string the bulbs ? & how do u get the hanger wrapped after u place the bulbs, to hang it ??

• Delightfully Noted

You string the hanger through the tops of the ornaments. At the bottom of the post there's a "see more" link that will show you additional info

• Clr6358937

How did you connect the wire after the balls are on? The wire is not easy to manipulate.

• Kitty

Do you string each bulb onto the wire,or just the base amount, then glue the others to the ones already there?

• Jewell Martin

Gluing the caps on is practical. And gluing exactly where the balls touch each other is, also. I think I could line up the balls in a spiral design. To have the wreath end up flat makes sense to me for my storm door and kitchen wall. Thank you. ☺️

• Mary Goese Findlay

Great idea for all of my old Christmas ornaments!

• Alice

I have a lot of old ornaments. I really need to do this. The only problem is, I threw way all my old wire hangers !!!