Coffee Grounds Repurposed

$0

Whether you brew coffee through a filter or brew coffee from a K-Cup, hang onto those used grounds! In the warmer months, I use them for my acid loving plants. Here in my kitchen this winter, my coffee grounds are used for exfoliating my dry and smelly hands.
don t toss leftover coffee grounds look what she does, cleaning tips, repurposing upcycling, Fresh Garlic Makes for Garlic Smelling Hands
Fresh Garlic Makes for Garlic Smelling Hands
I love using fresh garlic. However, I don't love the sticky residue it leaves on my hands and especially don't like the garlic smell on my fingers.
don t toss leftover coffee grounds look what she does, cleaning tips, repurposing upcycling, Coffee Grinds Have Some Great Uses
Coffee Grinds Have Some Great Uses
K-Cups hold the perfect portion of coffee grounds to rub into your garlic smelling hands.
don t toss leftover coffee grounds look what she does, cleaning tips, repurposing upcycling, Grounds are great for getting rid of smells
Grounds are great for getting rid of smells
If you brew coffee through a filter, keep a container of used grounds near your kitchen sink. If you use K-Cups you could also toss them into a container.
don t toss leftover coffee grounds look what she does, cleaning tips, repurposing upcycling, Coffee Grounds are Good for Smoothing Hands
Coffee Grounds are Good for Smoothing Hands
Just dump some coffee grounds onto your hands and rub-a-dub-dub. No soap needed! You don't need much. Be careful not to clog your sink drain.
don t toss leftover coffee grounds look what she does, cleaning tips, repurposing upcycling, Rub Coffee Grounds Between Your Hands
Rub Coffee Grounds Between Your Hands
Rub some grounds on your hands after cutting up garlic, onions, or fish. Great as an exfoliant too!
don t toss leftover coffee grounds look what she does, cleaning tips, repurposing upcycling, Rinse Grounds With Plain Water
Rinse Grounds With Plain Water
Rinse with plain water. For me, not only does the smell go away once I've washed with coffee grounds but, my hands are super-duper smooth. Please excuse me now while I take my afternoon coffee break ;)
Trash Find Redesigned

• Yvonne B

I tend to get mold growth on my grounds when I save them. Any tips on how to avoid the fuzzy mold growing on the saved leftover grounds?

• Jac

They need to be dried. Spread them out until they air dry, then store.

• Judy

coffee grounds are a natural nutrient to put around the base of your rose bushes. They give away bags of them in star bucks.

• Yvonne B

I have always put the grinds around base of my azaleas.

• Nolvia

I put them in a plastic container in my freezer or ziplock bags.

• Dbd7923978

I was going to suggest refrigerating/freezing the remaining grounds/"cuppies"

• Diana Binkowski

spread out grounds on cookie sheet and put in low oven for about fifteen minutes or so. Dries them so they don't get moldy.

• Diana Binkowski

Also use full caffeine used coffee grounds as an ant killer. They take grounds back to nest and everyone eats the grounds and go into caffeine shock and die. Not harmful for kids or pets or wildlife but lethal to ants.

• Karly Shelton

Wow ! Thank you for the tip w/Ants. Never knew.

• Nancy

I would think these cups would be a great plant starter.

• Armada157

I love your sink, some day...

• Deena Bechtel

I use K-cups to start my tomato seeds

• Joy Rush

I leave my coffee grounds the coffee filter and place them on my spoon rest to dry out. I saved one of my big non coffee cans "non plastic" and fill it up. When it's full,it's off to the garden I go.

• Theresa Taylor

I found a simple way to stop mold growth- just stir up the grounds after each addition. It really works. Someone on home talk suggested it a couple months ago.

• She7685146

I add the grounds to my compost bin

• Swe13715380

I put the grounds in a zip bag and keep in refrigerator till full and then empty in my composter.

• Emy

Yes! Great for worm composting bins too!

• Ard7370318

Sorry but I beg to differ with Diane. Caffeine maybe great to keep ants out but it is also lethal to dogs! Look it up! Just be careful of where you put it so your dogs don't ingest any of it. I don't know if it will hurt cats but if you love your pets don't take any chances of them getting into any of your coffee grounds. I always spread my wet grounds on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven on 250 degrees for about 15 minutes stirring them every little bit then leave them on the counter over night to be sure they are good and dry. Then I keep my dried used coffee grounds in an empty clearly marked coffee can until I need them. I also use them in my garden and flower beds during the summer months. Hosta's also love them as well as azealeas, tomatoes, squash, etc.

• Jamie

Just don't save that much, if your drinking coffee you will always have it

• Mary Lou

They are not much good if you don't have a lot!

• Mim6254897

what can I do with a rattan rocking chair the the seat is missing

• Jane Altemen

Makes perfect sense for the odour problem . A challenge is that coffee grounds down the drain belabour the water waste management system. What are the pros and cons to your post having an alternate pic with a filter over the sink drain and those grounds then go into the compost?

• Mary Lou

That sounds like a good idea because the grounds are perfect for the compost pile, as well as directly adding to plants that like acidic soil.

• Erin Brennan

Are african Violets acid lovers??? I have one that is growing great... but NO flowers, maybe add coffee grounds ?

• KW

@Erin Brennan....I have African Violets and they bloom every year. I use plant food specifically for A.V. If you use coffee grounds, do not water your A.V. plants until the soil is dry. The coffee grounds in the soil mix will keep the soil wet longer, which could eventually lead to rot or fungus problems. The food for A.V. I use is 14 drops to 1/2 gallon of water and just water them when they are dry. I never let them sit in water either (if I water from the bottom) as this will also cause rot. Hope this helps!!

• Den28456958

Wash your hands over a bowl and dispose of coffee granules on the garden.

• Hap14166899

Have you tried it to exfoliate your face???

• Sue Lilly

Brilliant

• KW

Lemon juice will remove the smell, too. I keep a bottle of it in the refrigerator.