DIY Carpet Deoderizing Powder

Sometimes it's nice to freshen up the carpets and rugs in your home, especially when you have kids or pets. A few weeks ago, we were having guests over and I felt like our house smelled like our dog. I decided to make a quick deoderizer for our carpets. It literally took minutes, and my guests commented on how fresh our home smelled as soon as they came inside! You will definitely want to use this if you have smells lingering in your home!
Homemade carpet deoderizing sprinkle!
You will need a mason jar, baking soda and essential oil of your choice...I love lavender!
Use a nail to poke holes in the top of your mason jar lid.
Mix together baking soda and essential oils using a whisk. Mix really well so the oils get evenly distributed.
Shake on your carpet, let sit for about 10 minutes, then vacuum! For the exact recipe and tons more cleaning tips and homemade cleaning solutions, click on the link below!

15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Everything Red For Canada Day
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Mom4Real

• Frank Angel
    Frank Angel

How to clean my carpet? I googled alot but couldn't find any easy tip.

, Kindly give me any tip for cleaning my carpet or else i would have to change it as i dont have vaccum cleaner Waiting for ur quick nd kind responce Thanks
  • Anne
    Anne

how much of baking soda and essential oil to mix

• Kha22137490
    Kha22137490

Is this safe for cats, or any pet for that matter? We almost lost our 2 year old cat because of Resolve carpet cleaner even tho the bottle states "Safe for pets" cost us $3,000 in vet hospital bills due to complete kidney failure. Bottle didn't state the carpet has to be totally dry before an animal can walk on it because they lick their paws!!!!
    • NancyMaria
      NancyMaria

Using just plain Baking Soda by itself is safe and will still absorb some odor on its own.

• Kim Minor-Hines
    Kim Minor-Hines

I was told that carpet deodorizer or any sprinkle powder would corrode your vacuum because of what it was made from, with I think is baking soda?

• Shirley095
    Shirley095

It works great but can cause problems with your vacuum clogging up.