Making the Mail Fun By Using the Recycling Bin

It seems like I can never find the right size envelope when I make my own cards. This a fun way to solve the problem.
I raided the recycling bin for some newspapers.
I bought a We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board with a coupon from Michaels.
Using newspapers to practice was a good idea. It did take a couple attempts to get it right and newspaper mistakes were pain free...I think I would have been sad if I had wasted pretty papers.
My favorites were the comic envelopes. To mail, glue them closed and add an address sticker. If you are worried about durability, you can slide them into a cellophane sleeve as well. Once I got this punch home I found a whole bunch of other applications for it as well on You Tube so it is an even better purchase than I first thought.

Brooke Bock

• Shauna

I love these!! Thanks for sharing!

• Lynn Lafleur

Cute idea, but not practical. Square envelopes cost more to mail plus all the print would cause problems with mail processing. It would be better to use plain paper and not a square envelope.

• Nancy Ramos Palomera

Once she paid for a square envelope, she also paid for it to be manually sorted. If the retail associate does their job correctly and dispatch to the processing facility, it doesn’t go through the machines. This coming from a 21 year postal employee, currently T-1 Automation & former Sales & Services Associate.

❤️ This idea!! You could even be HANDING the envelope to the recipient yourself.