Organized Clutter
Organized Clutter
  • International Falls, MN

Book Page Christmas Tree

Inspired by Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Ideas magazine, and Anthropologie, here is my book page tree.
The finished book page tree.
The finished book page tree.
First, I cut out square cardboard templates to more easily tear the book pages into various sizes.
I tore my book pages along the cardboard template. (You could cut them for a more even look)  Each template was 1/2" smaller than the one below it.  Tear sheets in each size until you reach your desired tree height.
I tore my book pages along the cardboard template. (You could cut them for a more even look) Each template was 1/2" smaller than the one below it. Tear sheets in each size until you reach your desired tree height.
I placed a "mug plug" styrofoam shape in a terra cotta pot from my garden.
i cut sheet moss to cover the top of the pot.
I pushed a yard twig into the styrofoam piece inside the pot.
I whittled a point on the twig to slide the book pages on more easily.  Start with the largest page sheets and stagger the edges.
I whittled a point on the twig to slide the book pages on more easily. Start with the largest page sheets and stagger the edges.
When finished I cut the sharp point off of the top of my twig and tied a metal star to the top with jute.
This is my rustic look book page tree with torn pages.
Organized Clutter

• Jina

So how many layers of pages go you supposed you used on the teee in the photos? And how tall is that tree? Cute idea!

• Cin1282536

What is a mug plug?

• Candace

How about using magazine pages?

• Mary Shannon

Nice. Brought back memories for me. We used to fold pages on the old large phone books back in the day to make Christmas trees. Lol.