Vintage Suitcase Storage Table

A vintage suitcase can become a wonderful storage table when salvage spindle legs are attached. I needed a good place to store my larger, more cumbersome serving platters and a regular cupboard wouldn't do- but a suitcase? Absolutely perfect!
When I saw this suitcase at a vintage market, I fell in love immediately and knew it was destined to live in my home.
To start transforming it into a table, I thoroughly cleaned the interior and traced the interior on a piece of cardboard. I then used my cardboard template to cut out a piece of high-end plywood to insert into the bottom of the suitcase, making it more stable.
Holes were drilled through the bottom of the suitcase; then wood screws were partially inserted.
A close-up of the screws.
We then added these table legs- luckily for us, the centers were already marked and they were partially drilled.
Once each leg was lined up, we finished screwing down the screws until the legs were securely in place.

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Sadie Seasongoods

• Mansetomboy

I love this! I recently saw another similar project, with a 50's vibe. Thanks for inspiring me!

• Beautifu! I have plans for a similar coffee table made from an old travel trunk. I plan to put casters on it. Thanks for the inspiration!