DIY Super Space Saving Shoe Rack

$1

Got messy shoes in your closet? This SUPER space saving and surprisingly sturdy DIY shoe rack holds more shoes in a small area than most shoe rack you can buy!
Can you guess what it's made of? Hint- We are not only making our homes more organized, we are doing it green and with style!
The biggest "Aha!" behind the design of this shoe rack is - we do not need to see BOTH shoes on a shoe rack! They can be placed one behind the other, so we can utilize the depth of a standard closet!
And you do not need special tools, because, here's our material- old cardboard boxes!
Plus a little duct tape! Each module here is a triangular tube, the length and size of the module depends on your shoe size!
Glue or tape each row onto thick cardboard so they stay together.
Stack each row up, slide each pair of shoes in a triangular opening, one in front of the other. I also put an extra piece of thick cardboard on top to put some odd sized boots.

APieceofRainbow

• Doreen Kennedy

Nice idea. Maybe I will make larger triangles so I can fit pairs of larger shoes in each space. I also have lots of leftover thin plywood sheets that I may use. It would be more work, but maybe better for me since I have heavier shoes during the winter months. Thank you so much for sharing your very practical shoe organizer.

• Jackie Allen

great idea