DIY Super Space Saving Shoe Rack

$1

Got messy shoes in your closet? This SUPER space saving and surprisingly sturdy DIY shoe rack holds more shoes in a small area than most shoe rack you can buy!
Can you guess what it's made of? Hint- We are not only making our homes more organized, we are doing it green and with style!
The biggest "Aha!" behind the design of this shoe rack is - we do not need to see BOTH shoes on a shoe rack! They can be placed one behind the other, so we can utilize the depth of a standard closet!
And you do not need special tools, because, here's our material- old cardboard boxes!
Plus a little duct tape! Each module here is a triangular tube, the length and size of the module depends on your shoe size!
Glue or tape each row onto thick cardboard so they stay together.
Stack each row up, slide each pair of shoes in a triangular opening, one in front of the other. I also put an extra piece of thick cardboard on top to put some odd sized boots.

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
APieceofRainbow

• Gloria
    Gloria

Thank you that was a brilliant idea. X

• Veronica Fenton
    Veronica Fenton

But how do you get the back shoes out, especially on the bottom row? Isn't that a pain the butt?

• Lisa West
      Lisa West

Well if you utilize this type if space saver you will have to get in your knees and bend and reach, unless you have a table or shelf in the closet to put this on. Then you don't have to get in the floor.

• Rebecca H
    Rebecca H

I tried the alternate 2 Rows of Triangle Shapes for Shoes and stability, then with a row of Rectangular Shapes for my matching purses so they are both organized together and easy to access as needed. Also, You can use the Duck Tape on the outside seams to ‘join them all together for added stability and to keep them from sliding apart over time and remain connected.

• Gloria
    Gloria

I can’t wait to try this idea!!

• Lisa West
    Lisa West

I think this is a great idea. I have seen this put together on a video in YouTube. The company or organization is called 5 min crafts. They have all kinds if crazy ideas that actually work and some that don't. Were just made to be silly. Any way this is a great idea. Triangle are strong structures, especially if its at a 45 degree angle, same as nature itself. The ancient Egyptians, incase and means figured it out eith pyramid building. With or with out the help of aliens as some may believe. Lol

Any way this structure can be used for any thing like sweaters and sweatshirts to fabrics in a craft room. Paint it and enjoy. Thank-you for reminding me of this.