Maggie Lois
Maggie Lois
  • Castleton, VA

Easter Egg Embroidery Hoop Wreath

Hey y'all! Is it weird that I pick what type of wreath I do because of stink bugs? It may be a little weird, but I promise there is a method behind my madness. So, Corey and I live in the mountains in the middle of nowhere and it just so happens it's a place that stink bugs just love to be. The first fall at this little casa of ours I made a big ole fluffy burlap wreath with some sunflowers.
Well, I was
easter egg embroidery hoop wreath, crafts, easter decorations, how to, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
Here’s what you’ll need:
-oval embroidery hoop (Joann Fabrics)
-fabric of your choice (they cut a yard of fabric, make sure it’s enough to cover the hoop and have excess on the edges)
-fabric scissors
-monogram
-bow
-hot glue gun
I’ll be sharing the step by step tutorial for the bow on Wednesday so I’ll have all the product details then.
1. When I went to Joann's to get my hoop and fabric the only oval hoop they had left was this one and it was warped, see that gap? I figured I could still make it work and asked them if they could take any money off. They took off 50% so it was only $4.99 instead of $9.99! Remember, the answer is always no if you never ask.
For step 1, loosen the tightener and remove the inner hoop.
2. Place the fabric over the outer hoop and then place the inner hoop inside.
3. Once you've fit the inner hoop inside the outer hoop, tighten the screw and be sure to pull the fabric taut as you tighten to make sure the fabric doesn't bunch anywhere.
4. Once you've got your fabric secured, cut the remaining fabric.
5. Then glue the monogram and bow and you're done!
I had to rig some floral wire to hang the wreath to take pictures but I'm planning on using a command hook to hang the wreath.
So, am I the only weird one that makes her wreaths around stink bug season?
Probably.
Be sure to come on back this Wednesday to find out how I made the bow!
Maggie Lois

• Hom597755

I am doing this as soon as I can get to JoAnns to get the hoop! Love it!

• Lana Bradley

Love this! Perfect for St Patty's and Easter. Could use the same hoop with interchangeable fabric and designs. Think I'll add a butterfly and egg rather than bow for Easter, both symbols of new life.

• Maggie Lois

Thank you! Yup you can switch it up easily based on the season, thanks for stopping by!