Basket Upcycle

I found this little basket at the thrift store and I loved the shape of it with its square bottom. The handle was coming unraveled though, probably the reason why it was donated. It was half price that day so for $1.25 I figured I could do something with it. I decided to turn it into a bin to hold extra toilet paper in my guest bathroom!
Here is the before. You can see the handle unraveling on the left side:
I decided to fix the handle using jute twine, and I thought a lighter color would contrast better with the twine. After a coat of Rustoleum Spray primer, I spray painted the basket in Rustoleum's Blossom White...
I used got glue to secure the twine to the basket. Then I added another drop here and there as I continued to wrap.
After finishing the center band of twine, I wrapped both handles as well:
Perfect way to fix that broken handle!
I cut this chalkboard rectangle to add to the front of the basket for a cute detail:
What shall we put in it?
How about some TP? You could also use this to hold house shoes at the front door, or to hold guest towels in the bathroom. So many possibilities!
For now it's hanging out in my guest bathroom...
...holding TP. :)
If you enjoyed this little makeover, follow the link below to my blog where for the month of March, I am sharing a thrifty makeover every day!

Confessions of a Serial DIYer

• Jewellmartin

Can you post the link to your blog with all the ideas for March made from used or cheap materials? I am impressed by the wicker basket with a broken handle, made into a very nice tp holder. Best wishes 😇

• Mona Kendrick Shaheen

So in love!! I have a lot of baskets and this is a super way to update them. 😊 I’m so excited to try this!! Thank you for sharing.

• Rose

Great Idea im a DIYer for so long and now at 66 newly divorced I need new ideas for my apt This is a great one ! Thanks for posting