A Cheap & Lovely Dollar Store Craft

I just love frugal crafting! Come see one of our past projects!
And one of my favorite sources to find great items to craft is actually the Dollar Tree or some sort of Dollar Store. I saw a wine bottle version of the craft I am showing you today on pinterest. But since I do not have wine bottles in abundance I went to the dollar tree for cheaper one dollar vases. I love the shorter wide versions anyways. You can fit a lot more flowers if you wish in them over time verses the skinny wine bottle neck.
We spread the glue lightly with a sponge brush. Only do a little at a time to prevent drying before you get to the end. Or use hot glue!
My teen is helping me in this picture!
Originally as seen in this picture I was going to go with cream colored yarn and white too. But my teen girl helped me a lot with the project ( I was so grateful for her helpful hands with applying the yarns!) She said we should do gray and white. Well, I love gray so she sold me fast on it! As you see all you really need is the vases, yarn and glue. Now it looks easier than it is, I will be honest. It takes some time to wrap it carefully while getting it to stick. We tried both methods of using Elmer's glue and hot glue, but be patient they do eventually stick and very well. Both work but you simply need time to work with it. I love the way they turned out, but this will be the last time I tackle so many at one time. I will stick with one at a time if I ever give as gifts! Speaking of which this would make a great frugal birthday gift or holiday gift. We decided to add the word love in mixed media. Button, a flower I painted gray and yarn. I love the way they turned out!
PLEASE show your support if you liked this post by visiting my site at the link below & commenting!

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Suzie

• Ann cook

How long does it take to finish a single bottle for a novice crafter?

• Suzie

That depends on the person I guess. But it took us a few hours.

• Peggy Coleman

I love this idea. I knit and crochet and this would be a great way to use up left over yarn. I'm thinking I could use multiple colors and different types of yarn making a stripe-like pattern. Thanks for sharing..

• Rkl16919081

Really easy, Cheap and pretty!!