Pottery Barn Inspired Chandelier

$65
Advanced

Our dining room didn't have a chandelier and my budget was blown on the rest of our remodeling projects so we had to get creative. I saw a chandelier in Pottery Barn and asked my husband if he'd be able to create something similar? He was up for the challenge and I couldn't be happier with the results!
We started off with a piece of barn wood we found on my brother's property for the base. My husband ran the board through the planer a few time to level it but not to remove the rustic goodness from it.
I just love how much this chandelier has brought character into this space.
All the electrical and other hardware came from Lowes. My husband routed the top center of the board to house all the wiring from one light to the next.
We found the light cages for $2 ea. in Round Top, TX last Fall at the Antique Market. They were such a great find. We have several more for yet another project in the future.
Centered perfectly down the middle of the room and across from the window. YAY!
This was my Pottery Barn inspiration.
You can check out even more photos on my blog today. Would love to have you stop by for a visit and let me know what you think.

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Vintage Street Designs