Outdoor Repurposed Shutter Screen

$5

I was looking for a way to hide the ugly but necessary utility boxes and wires on the back of the house I wanted something that looked like it belonged not something that shouted "what are you trying to hide" I have a bit of an obsession with shutters so that's what I decided to use for the screen ~
Habitat ReStore's are a great place to get vinyl shutters cheap I got these for a buck a piece - total cost of my project was only $5!
The screen was simple to assemble since the shutters have predrilled screw holes (I love a simple project!) I just used garden twine to tie them together ~ easy to assemble & disassemble for winter storage
I put patio blocks down and leveled them the best I could to make a base for my screen to sit on ~ I thought I might need to put some posts in to attach the screen to but this is a pretty sheltered location so I've had no issues with wind tipping it over ~ easy up, easy down
I think the screen makes a great backdrop for this little area ~ it changes from year to year sometimes even season to season depending on my mood, it's more attractive then what's hiding behind it and because our meter is read remotely the screen doesn't get in the way of a meter reader ~ :o)

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/dianasdiyden

• Candice

What if it’s in the front of the house? What can we do?

• Mary

I love grasses - maybe you could plant some tall grasses in front of your meter.

• San9359010

Love it but does the meter reader fuss about getting to it.

• Sandra Allen

I believe they are setting there, not attached to anything. I love this idea!!

• Judith

I have an outdoor central air unit, I think your shutter idea would be wonderful for. Thank you for sharing it !