Tori Grant
Tori Grant
  • San Antonio, TX

Homemade Mason Jar Candle

Candle making has been something that I have been wanting to try for a while. I was a little intimidated to give it a go because it looked really messy or I would do something horribly wrong and burn my house down. Well, I am here today to tell you I did it! Oh…and I did not burn my house down or make a huge mess! With Mother’s day right around the corner this is the perfect craft to try and to give to that special mom in your life. Follow along with me as I walk you through the steps on how you can make your own mason jar DIY candle!
homemade mason jar candle, crafts, how to, mason jars, repurposing upcycling
I used a 10lb slab of wax. It’s a huge block of wax that you can use to make a lot of these candles. For three 16 oz. mason jar candles I only used about 1/8th of the slab. To get the wax in chunks I just took a hammer to it. I smashed the wax until it was in sizes that would fit into my pot.
purchased and used a candle making pitcher. I just used one of my pots and filled it about 1/4th of water. I let that reach a boil and I placed my pitcher in to create a double boiler. If you do not want to get a pitcher, I have seen this done online using another pot or even an old can.
I poured the wax into my mason jar and secured the wick with two pencils. Then, you just let the wax cool. I did have a small amount of wax leftover. I poured this wax into small paper cups and let that cool.
Add a little twine and cute tag to your DIY candle!
Tori Grant

• Becki Langdon

I'm assuming you can add scent at some point? Where would you get thoe scent stuff, and would you need to add anything special to the melted wax so it sets up properly?