Zest it Up
Zest it Up
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Atascadero, CA

Industrial Wire Basket

$10

Yep made another trip to the dollar store. Saw them. Wanted them. Got them. Yep- all for a dollar. Now to zest!!
( I went to the 99 cents store -not dollar tree, however they may have them too!)
Remember that I have a bit of the industrial vibes with my shelves? (see link here) I thought it seemed fitting to introduce these metal wire baskets into the scene as well. But the white just wasn’t cutting it so I grabbed some spray paint to make them look more like the oh so trendy metal ones we see everywhere…

ideas for using industrial wire basket in the home, bathroom ideas, bedroom ideas, kitchen cabinets, organizing, repurposing upcycling

But the white just wasn’t cutting it so I grabbed some spray paint to make them look more like the oh so trendy metal ones we see everywhere…but first let me show you some inspiration of what I am hoping to achieve with my finds….

like here…love the organization!

and here…you can add some cute labels

and here…love the juxtaposition of wood and metal

You get the point...THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

Even used as a centerpiece here!

And even more organization...LOVE!

And now to spray paint my treasures and organize my own home….

Nothing a can of good old Rustoleum hammered spray paint can’t fix….

I put these basket everywhere around my home. You can use them as kitchen storage, bathroom storage, and even decor!

Holding my remotes on my ottoman!

And there you have it!! A bit more organization to mi casa- and cute to boot!

xo,

Sam

• Wire baskets
  • Spray paint
Zest it Up

• Mli34016731

Hi what color paint did you use? Just a flat gray? Thx, hope to find in France...

• Judy Steffen

Where did you get the drawers that are under the kitchen sink?

• Zest it Up

Hey Judy! We actually used that photo as inspiration for our project. We've seen those baskets on Amazon before. I'm sure you can purchase them and then spray paint them whichever color you prefer!

• Umm

Love the ideas. However, I have a question: Do/will they rust? I was thinking of something similar to put near the kitchen sink to store everyday cleaning sponge/brush/dish soap. However, due to the moisture and everyday cleaning/water usage of products in it, I'm afraid it will rust and leave rust stains everywhere. Any idea if this works? Thanks.

• Zest it Up

since the spray paint is rustoleum the coating should prevent! xo

• Lollie

I love this idea, and I will try it, now I just need to get to the dollar store near me. Thank you for sharing.
    Merry Christmas yall!!
    Lollie

• Itsmemic

I too love these baskets, use them for everything..AND...Rustoleum metalic paints are AWESOME !!!!!!!