Magazine Holder Flower Planter

452K Views
Many months ago, we found this magazine holder at the thrift store with a kinda, sorta plan but it ended up sitting in the basement collecting dust. I decided it would make a great flower planter this Spring.
  • magazine holder flower planter, container gardening, flowers, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling
I originally planned to line the inside with plastic and using real dirt and flowers but my husband suggested I use fake flowers, probably because he knows my history with flowers. Knowing he was right, I decided to make this project super simple. I grabbed an empty 2 liter soda bottle and some fake flowers.
I used an awl to poke 4 holes in the bottle. I cut one hole for each bunch of flowers.
I poked the flower stems through the holes in the bottle.
And then, placed the soda bottle in the magazine holder.
You could totally see the soda bottle from the back side so I place an old piece of green fabric in the back to cover the soda bottle.
Now I have flowers for the porch that don't need any care at all. You could certainly line the magazine holder or even find a plastic flower planter that fits inside for real flowers but I'll stick to my fake flowers this year.
To see more of my thrift store makeovers, visit my blog.

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question