Brooke @ Start at Home
Brooke @ Start at Home
  • Centerville, UT

Ombre French Lingerie Chest

$50

Ever since we put the girls in the same room, about a year ago, I have been looking for a lingerie chest. They can be hard to come by, so when I found this at a garage sale for $10....YES $10 I didn't even think twice!
ombre french lingerie chest, painted furniture
It had been previously painted.....after about 4 hours of sanding....which I might add was worth it...
We finally found the wood! I don't always stripe all the paint off, but the previous paint was scratching and flaking off, which would cause the new coat of paint to do the same.
Once the paint was off I was stumped as to what to do with this piece.
I have been ewing and awing over Ombre furniture for sometime, but never found the right piece, until now! The 6 drawers make this piece the perfect candidate! (see my Blog post for all the paint colors)
I loved the original hardware to update them I used Rustoleum's Metallic White in gloss
I used a dark brown glaze to bring the details on this dresser out. Details like this need to be accented!
Brooke @ Start at Home

• Cynthia H

Nice look! I would love it in my bedroom! As for the chalk paint debate - I have recently used it, and it gave me the look I wanted, but, I like the way this was painted and I don't think it would have the elegance it does, if it hadn't been painted the way it was. Lovely piece!

• Geri Ann

Love it!!!