Small Kitchen Ideas: add an extra shelf in your cubboards in minutes

$5

Small kitchens can be challenging when it comes to storage, but there's a surprisingly easy way to add a small extra shelf in your upper cabinets. This project just took me minutes to do, is easy to customize and I didn't use any power tools, screws or nails. It's made such a huge difference in how much I can store in my cabinets, I wish I would have done this a long time ago!
I used 1"x3" pine boards that I had cut at the hardware store (3 pieces for supports, and one piece the length of the inside of my cabinets)
To make this easy to install, I used Glue Dots repositionable mounting tape to secure the supports to the inside of the cabinet and to secure the shelf to the supports. The tape is strong enough to hold the supports in place but can easily be removed later without leaving any marks on the cabinets.
The second shelf makes use of the otherwise wasted vertical space - it's the perfect spot for spices or smaller pantry items and it makes it really easy to see what you have in your cupboards. It was so easy and fast to do, I will be doing this in all my cabinets from now on!

25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Engineer Your Space

• Mgs21352498

i will definitely do this in my pantry. simple and very nice.

• Feekie

This is a great idea and solves the problem of stacking cans one atop the other, which i admit I'm guilty of doing. I also appreciate your idea of how to create supports without using nails or screws. I'm going to put these little shelves in my kitchen cupboards as soon as I get some Glue Dots -- unless there is something else I can use.