Cutting Edge Stencils + DIY board and batten = FABULOUS bathroom!

The all important, very bland BEFORE pic of our bathroom.
We wanted a more "grown up" looking master bath, but this awkward wall had us stumped! It lacked serious character.
So, with some 1x3x4 wood trim and my favorite tool- Liquid Nails- I decided to build a DIY board and batten wainscoting topped off with a gorgeous stencil from www.cuttingedgestencils.com
I chose the Sophia Trellis Allover pattern (which you'll see in a few steps!)
I attached each piece 12 inches apart on the wall with a bead of Liquid Nails and a few finishing nails for extra support.
For the top, I used a 1x4x12 (cut the the correct length) we then painted the wall between each strip and all the wood in a crisp white.
First coat of white.
And NOW for the real jewel of the makeover- the stencil work! I've never used a stencil before, so I was a complete newbie here. Luckily, Cutting Edge sent great instructions and had even better videos on their website to help a rookie out!
Rookie in action. Literally tape it to the wall, check for level (with the awesome leveler you can see clipped to the stencil) and paint away. I suggest you order their foam rollers for best results- these things were great!
Keep moving along and keep it level- you really can't go wrong!
So grown up! They also have a smaller section of the stencil to finish off the top and bottom of the pattern of you want. I liked the way this looked like it had been on my walls all along!
Our "grown up" bathroom complete with stenciled wall and aqua highlights!
Find more stencils at www.cuttingedgestencils.com

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home

• Lor7691599

What color paint did you use?

• 19698379

Very nice. What was the approximate cost?

• Charmaine

I've got to try this. What do you think about doing the stencil BEFORE you attach and paint the top finishing board? No need to ‘finish off’ the bottom of the stencil then. ???

• Lcruz

I really love this stencil on your walls. Looking for a wall in the house to copy. HMMM.

• Erma

Love it