Upcycled K-Cup Mini Garden Tutorial #reuseit #kidsideas

$5.00

Did you know that most K-Cups (compatible with the older Keurig Coffee Machines) are NOT recyclable? I personally don't drink coffee, but with some K-Cups and a little paint, my 2nd and 3rd graders were able to create a unique Mini Garden! Check it out! (More info and pics if you hop over to the blog which is linked at the end of this post!)
Aren't they so cute!?
The K-Cups we collected were all cleaned up and washed out. You will have to make sure to do that before you begin! First, we painted the exteriors of the K-Cups (only). Some of the kids went with a simple paint job...
Others let their creativity flow! This student made her own version of 'Starry Night' using a black K-Cup!
This one thought that painting the Earth on the K-Cup would suit our class perfectly! I agreed!
My very own daughter, who also takes my class, went with some flowers. How sweet are those tulips?! After the paint dried, we punched holes in the K-Cups and added some string, for a hanging mini garden.
We filled up the K-Cups with some Organic Seed Starter Soil and planted some seeds. Some students decided to pot some already grown plants as well. Didn't my students do a great job? How have YOU used K-Cups creatively lately?

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Evey's Creations

• Carolyn Noyer
    Carolyn Noyer

If I can get hold of some maybe that's how I'll start my tomato plants

• Helen
    Helen

I was collecting some individual yogurt cups I washed and set aside to plant some tiny succulents in. I especially liked the ones with a fruit on it. Then I would plant succulents in them and put them in the corner above the kitchen sink. We have a corner sink with counter top in the unused corner. Or a kitchen window sill. Unfortunately, no one else thought it a good idea and disposed of my yogurt cups. Maybe someone else likes the idea.