How to Update an Old Piece Using Lace and Spray Paint

I love to transform old pieces and create something beautiful I heard of the lace painting technique and couldn't wait to try it. It gives such a gorgoeus and exquisite finish and yet is so simple to use. All you wull need is some old lace or net curtain and spray paint.
This is the before picture of the not so extraordinary drawers. I had to do quite a bit of fixing and usign my imagination on this one. But I did have a vision and I really thought I could make something stunning from this. This was my blank canvas.
They were damaged but still very sturdy.
This is the finished product, it is hard to believe the transformation.

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
From Evija with Love

• Margorie

Did you paint the lace on to the drawers? You don't explain how you did it.

• Enza

I went to the blog and I don't see how you explain the process. Do you sand the piece? Do you tape the curtain onto the individual pieces? Can you use the same curtain over and over? It's so beautiful that I have to do this to an old bureau!

• From Evija with Love

Sand the piece lightly even if using chalk paint, paint it with base paint whichever colour you want, then I placed lace curtain so that a pattern would run from one drawer to another so I’d use either a large piece to cover all drawers or cut a continuous piece so that the lacy pattern runs as one if you know what I mean . Spray using a contrasting colour and that’s about it. Sorry for lack of instruction I remember it was a windy day I needed to get it done quickly ! 😆

• Suzzanne Doublez

Is there some place where this is explained?

• From Evija with Love

There should be a link to the blog post.. but in two words.. Sand the piece lightly even if using chalk paint, paint it with base paint whichever colour you want, then I placed lace curtain so that a pattern would run from one drawer to another so I’d use either a large piece to cover all drawers or cut a continuous piece so that the lacy pattern runs as one if you know what I mean . Spray using a contrasting colour and that’s about it. Sorry for lack of instruction I remember it was a windy day I needed to get it done quickly !

• Doris

Love this idea for my bedroom dresser...cant wait thanks for the great awesome idea

• Elizabeth

Hi Doris, Where did you find the instructions for this? It's beautiful!

• Catherine

Maybe with the proper instructions everybody is looking for