Ladder Planter --The TUTORIAL

$0

It all began on a sunny day while chatting with my neighbor. We were in her garage and I said to her ” why do you still have that old wooden ladder? It looks dangerous.” She replied, “I don’t know. It works.” I say to her why don’t you let me make an herb garden out of that old ladder so we can really get some use out of it, ie. grow mint for Mojitos and basil for pizza. She then looks at the ladder then
how to make a ladder planter, container gardening, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling
Here is a quick recap of what I did to transform this old rugged ladder.
This ladder had seen better days. And I was happy my friend was no longer using it.
I positioned the ladder in a more 90 degree angle.
Made planter boxes that using scrap wood paneling that I had in my garage. I wanted the boxes to look like drawers.
And with it being summer I thought I'd get my "kid helpers" involved. They like painting and arts and crafts.
And to tell the truth they are very helpful.
I would have never guessed that when the kids were done I'd have a new paint treatment on the house. Nor did I see them discovering the water "spicket" (Do they call it that outside of Charleston, SC? LOL I have no clue. But for all other areas its pronounced spigot.)
Sooo after the water and the paint dried I was able to plant my new herb garden.
I think What do you think? ;)
ToolBox Divas

• Ray11505738

Did u add any type of lining to your planter boxes to make the wood last longer? Or did you seal the wood from moisture?

• ToolBox Divas

well.... the paint job is hold up on my garden ladder over the years LOL. The plants I've killed every last one LOL. Someone said that the boxes should be deeper and I may go back and do that before I replace the plants

• Jean Choate

How about water faucet? lol California

• Gail

We haves pickets in Michigan too. What are "spigots"? Must be a Texas thing. We also have "cricks" and not creeks.

• Christine Cajigas

Gail, we called them "spigots" also. I'm from Milwaukee. And I'm 57 , so it goes aways back. 😁

• Patricia Shoals

I love it...we have a look many things I want to make into flower herb garden...wish I had a friend who was talented as you

• Kriss Mason

Want to do this project thanks😁 also I found this...