Ladder Planter --The TUTORIAL

122K Views
It all began on a sunny day while chatting with my neighbor. We were in her garage and I said to her ” why do you still have that old wooden ladder? It looks dangerous.” She replied, “I don’t know. It works.” I say to her why don’t you let me make an herb garden out of that old ladder so we can really get some use out of it, ie. grow mint for Mojitos and basil for pizza. She then looks at the ladder then turns to me and nods in agreement. “OK, you can take the ladder,” she says. And thus began the final Cent-sational Salvage Challenge of the summer. I set forth to make the most awesome of awesomest (did you know that
And thus began the final Cent-sational Salvage Challenge of the summer. I set forth to make the most awesome of awesomest (did you know that was a word?) of herb ladder gardens.
Time: 4 HoursCost: $0Difficulty: Easy
  • how to make a ladder planter, container gardening, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling
Here is a quick recap of what I did to transform this old rugged ladder.
This ladder had seen better days. And I was happy my friend was no longer using it.
I positioned the ladder in a more 90 degree angle.
Made planter boxes that using scrap wood paneling that I had in my garage. I wanted the boxes to look like drawers.
And with it being summer I thought I'd get my "kid helpers" involved. They like painting and arts and crafts.
And to tell the truth they are very helpful.
I would have never guessed that when the kids were done I'd have a new paint treatment on the house. Nor did I see them discovering the water "spicket" (Do they call it that outside of Charleston, SC? LOL I have no clue. But for all other areas its pronounced spigot.)
Sooo after the water and the paint dried I was able to plant my new herb garden.
I think What do you think? ;)

Suggested materials for this project:

ToolBox Divas