Carole
Carole
  • Australia

Garage Storage for Garden Tools From Old Pallet

$0.00

My neighbour had a pallet from a delivery of gyprock or plasterboard on their front yard. I asked if they were going to use it and they said no, I could have it if I wanted it. So I dragged it home (literally) and affixed it to the wall to stop it falling over. Then in went the tools. We had previously used hooks but did not have sufficient hooks on the wall for all the tools. This is 2 metres or 6 feet in length and holds all the tools. Not a new idea but one that I was happy to adopt for our storage needs.

• Elwanna

I've never seen a pallet with that clean of lines. Is this really a pallet or does it just look sorta like a pallet? Did you use the wood from a pallet and just rearrange it?

• Skyval

Elwanna , there's lots of new pallets everywhere , just keep looking , behind motorcycle shops , gardening stores and hardware stores and grocery stores have real cute little pallets about 2' long and brand new white pine wood , ask inside the store if they have any for displays . And always ask permission for taking any pallets from anywhere .

• Carole

Elwanna - this pallet was on my neighbours front yard and I had seen it come off the truck with the gyprock sheets on it. No breaks or cracks, not dirty or anything! Score! They left it there after it was unloaded so I asked them if the delivery company was coming back for it and they said no and that I could have it if I wanted it.

• Elwanna

Sounds like you are one lucky dog. I will be looking out for one now though. I think it is a great idea.

• Miranda

I have one just like that , my Murphy bed arrived on it. It's one pallet!

• Rosanne

how many pallets did it take to make the rack?

• Carole

@Rosanne The one shown here was one large pallet. You could easily do a row of smaller pallets if that is what you have available. Should work just as well I would think.

• Miranda

It's one pallet I'm sure. I have one just like it

• Patricia Zuskind McAlpin

I love this idea. I will definitely do this in our garage. Thanks
  • Crystal T

Did you rearrange any of the boards?

• Carole

No. The bottom one was damaged (shows as top in the photo to the camera) so that was removed but the boards were left as they were apart from that.

• Crystal T

Thank you Carole!!!

• Jch6747722

How did you attach it to the wall?

• Carole

You could of course screw through the pallet itself to attach to the wall. I preferred to use the hooks I already had so that if I wanted to, I could lift the whole thing off and away from the wall to clean behind.

• Margie

I want to do this under my carport against the siding of my house but not sure how to do the boards of the pallets....maybe stain and wiping off unevenly?

• Mar26970975

Where do you find these. The ones I saw did not look like this. You did a great job
    • Carole

This one was on my neighbours front yard for throw out as they just had a lot of plasterboard or gyprock delivered. The company doing the delivery did not want to come back and take the pallet away, so I asked them if I could have it. You can use smaller pallets and just put a run of them along the wall if that is all you have access to. Thanks for your comments.

• Cathy Hardy

Where did you get the pallets

• TiNa RuBi

Go to any warehouse or look on Craigslist people beg for u to take these from them ;)

• Bev Warren

I have a place to put this NOW. No more having to set the rakes etc upright every time I take a "tool" out to use. Thanks

• Kar27540995

Great idea! I am going to make it as soon as I find a pallet!