How to Get Stains Out of Clothes, Even After They Have Been Dried

My daughter has been teething like nobody’s business! It is so bad, slobber even goes through her bibs. Non-stop slobber + staining formula is a recipe for horrendous looking neck-stained-onesies.
Is it perfect? Almost, six do look about new but the two that had tougher stains (and had been dried a few times in the dryer before this experiment) are a little less new looking than I’d like. All of the onesies look clean; you really can’t tell the stain was there if you aren’t looking for it. I think they turned out better than great and I didn’t have to do any scrubbing!
She just grew into size 6 onesies (of which I have about 15). So when they all turned out looking like this picture I wasn’t too happy. I had spot treated them with Spot Shot and washed them, but then someone moved them to the dryer and dried the stains firm in them without giving me a chance to scrub them out. I was gutted.
So I experimented and found a way to get stains out, even after the clothes had dried in the dryer and amazingly it required zero scrubbing to get these stains out!
I sprayed them with Spot Shot. This stain remover is a miracle worker in getting stains out (on carpet, clothes, upholstery, etc.). It usually works on its own. But this time Spot Shot wouldn’t do it.
I use OxiClean and Shout as well for stain removal… so I decided to give all three of my favorite stain removers a try to work together before giving up on the soiled onesies. And it worked!
This is how I did it:
This is how I did it:
First, I sprayed with more Spot Shot and let that sit for about 5-10 minutes.
Second, I sprayed the onesie with Shout. I let the Shout sit for a few minutes while I filled a bucket/deep bowl full of hot water and about 1/4 Cup OxiClean.I did not wash out either stain remover before putting it in the bucket.
Third, I soaked the onesies in the bucket full of water and 1/4 Cup OxiClean for 3 full days.
Then I checked on them. To my surprise and happiness the stains were 95% gone.
Fourth, I threw them in the wash and washed them on a double rinse cycle with regular detergent to make sure all of the soap was washed out of them. The soap was gone, the stains were gone on most of the onesies… on the others they were about 90% clean so I called it good and dried them.

Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Anita

• Ms P.
    Ms P.

Have you used lemon juice? It removes milk stains.
    • Ms P.
      Ms P.

Yes, but I don't know how long the dress has been stained or if it is washable. If it is washable, I would give it a try. I have had good luck with using lemon juice on milk stains.
  • Pam
    Pam

How do I get tomatoes stains out of Clothes!

• Patty
      Patty

My granddaughter got spaghetti sauce on a new top, my son in law forgot and washed/dried it. My daughter asked for my advice. I took it home and used Oxi Clean laundry spray on it and then washed it with a load of clothes using Tide and Oxi Clean Versatile powder. It came out with no stains at all, looks new again.

• Ann
    Ann

my Daughter washed a white sweatshirt with dark clothes!! Then dried it! There are dark stains on it !! Any ideas?

• Julie Moyna
      Julie Moyna

Rit dye makes color removers. Check their website. Walmart sells the packets for like $1,00!

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Is there a solution to stretched tee shirt necks? I bought five new tee shirts for under clothes with lower necks than I'm comfortable with. Now they are so stretched that I can't wear them. Anyone?

• Roseann8628
      Roseann8628

Sorry, I'm afraid these should become cleaning cloths, painting shirts, or donate. :(

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Whitening tooth paste takes a lot of hopeless stains out for me. It works.

Smear the tooth paste on the stain and let it sit for a few minutes of even

over night, only on whites of course.