DIY Wall Art- Hot Air Balloon Canvas

This little project happened on a whim. And it all started with the Father’s Day card I bought for LC. It had this cute little hot air balloon on it. I find myself purchasing card that have cute art that I might be able to use for something, and I am sure that was in the back of my mind when I chose this particular card. I wanted to use the hot air balloon as art in my home, so I decided to cover this canvas with burlap and add the balloon! I love the way it turned out!
This is so easy you guys! You simply hot glue the burlap to the canvas. The burlap I had on hand didn’t quite fit so that I could use just one to cover the canvas ( I believe it is an 11 x 14), so I used to pieces, and just left the raw edge in the middle. That might not appeal to everyone, but I am totally OK with it.
I simply wrapped the canvas with the burlap, kind of like wrapping a gift. I trimmed off excess fabric with scissors. After the burlap was tightly adhered, I hot glued the hot air balloon onto the burlap, and I added a few colorful strings of yarn just for some whimsy.
You can read a full tutorial for how I created this wall art by clicking on the link to my blog!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Nicki Parrish @ Sweet Parrish Place