Back to School Ruler Art - Teacher Gift Idea

Need an idea for a back to school gift for teachers? Or maybe you want to decorate your house for the first month of school! Here is a fun, low cost craft everyone can do!
This craft was so fun and turned out so cute! Most of the supplies I had at home, except for the wooden rulers. I found those at Walmart for 0.25 cents a piece!
Here is what you will need to get started! 9 Wooden Rulers, hot glue gun, jute, ribbon, scissors, paint brush, large popsicle sticks, 8x11" mailing label and red paint.
First lay all your rulers face down and glue popsicle sticks to the back to build your support for your rulers. Tip: use a book to keep rulers straight while gluing.
Print whatever letter you want on your large mailing label. I chose C for my last name and plan on hanging this on my door. Cut the letter out leaving the label intact.
Get your red paint and brush and begin painting away from the edge of the label. This will help prevent bleeding underneath your label.
Pull label off right before it dries. I lined my letter with black sharpie, but it's all up to your own preference. Use your jute to hang, by gluing it to the back of your rulers.

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Devin and Tara

• To Work With My Hands

What a fun back-to-school idea - so creative!

• Emily

This is such a cute idea! I included it in a blog post about teacher's gift ideas. You can read it here: www.hunnyimhomediy.com/for-the-kids/20-diy-end-of-year-teacher-gifts/