Decorate Your Home With Some Gorgeous Scrap Fabric Birdhouses

These fabric birdhouses are really easy to make. Not only do they look really cute and bright they cost almost nothing to make. They also make a great gift.
decorate your home with some gorgeous scrap fabric birdhouses, crafts, how to, reupholster
All you need to make these are, scraps of fabric, cardboard, wadding, glue, scissors, needle and thread.
To make the houses you firstly cut out your cardboard pieces which are used for the structure following the free template on my blog, http://www.pillarboxblue.com/homemade-fabric-birdhouses/.
Then you cover the cardboard pieces with wadding and then fabric using glue to adhere them to the cardboard. You have to make sure you leave a round entrance hole at the front of the birdhouse.
Once all your pieces are covered in fabric you sew the sides together using either crewel wool or embroidery thread by hand with a simple stitch.
The roof of the Birdhouse is then attached with glue. To finish off your birdhouse you can use a twig for a perch and add extra decorations like a pompom trim.
These birdhouses make a great gift and can be personalized by using fabric from old dresses, shirts and blouses. I have even made one out of denim.
I have had several requests to make them for family and friends and have quite a collection form myself as the look fantastic grouped together on a sideboard, or even hanging in a row from the wall.
You can get the free template and more detailed instructions on my blog. I've also made some gorgeous birdcages from coat hangers and fabric scraps click here to see them Click here to see another great homemade gift idea.
Claire at Pillarboxblue