Trash to Treasure Makeover With Chalk Paint and Duct Tape

Y'all, we tend to get easily excited about most things, but we are seriously so excited to show you this dresser transformation! You know when you're spinning your wheels trying to figure out what you're going to do and the idea just hits you? That is exactly what happened in this case.
We are part of a group called the Fab Furniture Flippin Contest and lucky for us, this month the sponsor is D. Lawless Hardware, who makes beautiful pieces. We got these milk glass drawer pulls that we absolutely love! Aren't they gorgeous?
We also knew that we wanted to paint this dresser...the icing on the cake was that this was a free curbside find! The dresser had been black and missing knobs and we had painted some wooden knobs for a temporary solution, which turned out to be a solution we had for about 2 years. Needless to say, it was in need of a makeover.
We were trying to figure out what we were going to do to this dresser to really transform it. As we were looking at the dresser, something caught our eye that had been forgotten about, just waiting to be used one day. On one of our many trips to the dollar store, we found this duct tape months ago that we thought was cute and that we could use it somehow, someway in the future. Well that day turned out to be today. Now we didn't know if our idea would work, but we were excited to try.
We painted the dresser with old white chalk paint, which was already such a huge improvement, and then we got to work on the really fun part. We embellished the dresser by using three strips of duct tape per drawer and we absolutely love how it turned out!
Our vintage cobalt blue bottles look great displayed on top!
It's amazing that a little bit of paint, duct tape from the dollar store, and new beautiful hardware completely transformed this piece of furniture.
Hard to believe what this curbside find used to look like...
We are so happy that we found this dresser and gave it a makeover!

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
2 Bees in a Pod - Vicki and Jennifer

• Chris

Please let me know where you found this particular tape. Thank you.

• Diana Theresa Katsantones

Thanks 4 idea. You have my creative juices flowing. How do you keep the duct tape from sticking 2 itself (or myself) with long strips ?
    • Juli Capo

You will need 4 hands, so we will need a "helper". Volunteers work harder than "forced labor" like a husband or child!
  • Jo ann seals

I love this look. Could I use this idea to fix a table top?

• William McDonough

Duct tape is "strong", but if the table is used regularly or heavily, likely will wear quickly and tape may curl up.

• Darlene Ernst

Before I stick duct tape on my current project; I'm curious as to how well the tape held up? Is it still sticking to the paint fairly well?

• Shar

I did similar project with scrapbook paper and Modge Podge.