Trash to Treasure Makeover With Chalk Paint and Duct Tape

Y'all, we tend to get easily excited about most things, but we are seriously so excited to show you this dresser transformation! You know when you're spinning your wheels trying to figure out what you're going to do and the idea just hits you? That is exactly what happened in this case.
We are part of a group called the Fab Furniture Flippin Contest and lucky for us, this month the sponsor is D. Lawless Hardware, who makes beautiful pieces. We got these milk glass drawer pulls that we absolutely love! Aren't they gorgeous?
We also knew that we wanted to paint this dresser...the icing on the cake was that this was a free curbside find! The dresser had been black and missing knobs and we had painted some wooden knobs for a temporary solution, which turned out to be a solution we had for about 2 years. Needless to say, it was in need of a makeover.
We were trying to figure out what we were going to do to this dresser to really transform it. As we were looking at the dresser, something caught our eye that had been forgotten about, just waiting to be used one day. On one of our many trips to the dollar store, we found this duct tape months ago that we thought was cute and that we could use it somehow, someway in the future. Well that day turned out to be today. Now we didn't know if our idea would work, but we were excited to try.
We painted the dresser with old white chalk paint, which was already such a huge improvement, and then we got to work on the really fun part. We embellished the dresser by using three strips of duct tape per drawer and we absolutely love how it turned out!
Our vintage cobalt blue bottles look great displayed on top!
It's amazing that a little bit of paint, duct tape from the dollar store, and new beautiful hardware completely transformed this piece of furniture.
Hard to believe what this curbside find used to look like...
We are so happy that we found this dresser and gave it a makeover!

2 Bees in a Pod - Vicki and Jennifer

• Chris

Please let me know where you found this particular tape. Thank you.

• Diana Theresa Katsantones

Thanks 4 idea. You have my creative juices flowing. How do you keep the duct tape from sticking 2 itself (or myself) with long strips ?
    • Juli Capo

You will need 4 hands, so we will need a "helper". Volunteers work harder than "forced labor" like a husband or child!
  • Jo ann seals

I love this look. Could I use this idea to fix a table top?

• Darlene Ernst

Before I stick duct tape on my current project; I'm curious as to how well the tape held up? Is it still sticking to the paint fairly well?

• Shar

I did similar project with scrapbook paper and Modge Podge.