Morphing Antique Tile in to a Butterfly!

While out on a junking excursion with a friend, I came across some antique ceiling tiles. I took one look and knew what I could create with it:) Visit my blog link to see how we went from rusty old tin to a beautiful butterfly!
2 ft. antique ceiling tile found while out on a junking excursion.
After coming up with a butterfly shape we liked, Honey cut out the butterfly with a cutting torch.
Painted with metallic blue and black craft paint. Sealed with Krylon Clear Satin.
Before the layers of paint were removed.
I used a wire brush attachment and my cordless drill to remove the layers of paint.

Tina @ Repurposed Life

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg

Where can I purchase these? I want to make a beautiful butterfly windchime and this would be the perfect piece to hang my little tin butterfluers off of! Can you place two together to make it 2D or 3D?? These are just gorgeous! Please send via butterfly priority, ASAP I might just die if I don't get one! Lol great job really unique

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg

Thank you very much for your response! ! I visited your etsy store today and saw the dragonflies which are cute too! Can you make the dragonflies the same as the butterflies seen here? You just gave me an awesome idea for Christmas presents this year!!!! Thanks again!

• Lauri Poppe

great idea ! I actually have a bunch of old tin tiles that I couldn't resist, but had no idea what I would do with them !