Air Seal your attic before insulating

When one pops there head into the attic they may see something similar to the first picture & think that hey, I need some more insulation. I have lost count of how many people have simply seen something on TV or had an "energy audit" done where they recommended more insulation & I get called in later as they are still uncomfortable or having issues.
While I agree that the attic below definitely needs
air seal your attic before insulating, home maintenance repairs, how to, Shoot this doesn t look too bad let s just spray some more cellulose in there well be good right Well maybe not so fast
Shoot, this doesn't look too bad... let's just spray some more cellulose in there & well be good, right? Well maybe not so fast
air seal your attic before insulating, home maintenance repairs, how to, Eek guess we might have a few other things to fix so glad I put that respirator on If you do have mouse or other droppings the old insulation needs to be removed
Eek, guess we might have a few other things to fix & so glad I put that respirator on (If you do have mouse or other droppings, the old insulation needs to be removed)
air seal your attic before insulating, home maintenance repairs, how to, Guess what happens if you pay someone to add more insulation they come across an area like this
Guess what happens if you pay someone to add more insulation & they come across an area like this
air seal your attic before insulating, home maintenance repairs, how to, Ahhh the sins one can hide under insulation
Ahhh the sins one can hide under insulation
air seal your attic before insulating, home maintenance repairs, how to, Three guesses where the mice were coming up in order to close these areas up you can use plywood drywall or foam board in this case we were redoing the bathrooms eliminated the chase all together
Three guesses where the mice were coming up... in order to close these areas up you can use plywood, drywall or foam board – in this case we were redoing the bathrooms & eliminated the chase all together
air seal your attic before insulating, home maintenance repairs, how to, Ready to go fans now vented outside all air leakage paths foamed or caulked electrical junction boxes flagged in case one needs to find them later
Ready to go – fans now vented outside, all air leakage paths foamed or caulked & electrical junction boxes flagged in case one needs to find them later

• Jack Moore

This was really helpful, and would be to anyone wondering how to increase the effectiveness of their home insulation. I know too many people who completely ignore insulation, and don't consider how important it is to their energy efficiency and safety. I'm glad I read this, and I'll likely recommend it to all of my homeowner friends. http://www.perthinsulationsupplies.com.au

• John White

This article is really helpful for those who wondering about the insulation to increase the effectiveness of their home insulation. Proper attic insulation and restoration will seal the gaps or cracks that might permit moisture heat, pest to enter your attic, In addition of that it also helps you to reduces energy expenses during chilling summer season by producing cool temperature inside home and resisting heat transfer from warm air outside. You should try to contact HVAC maintenance provider near you.