Air Seal your attic before insulating

When one pops there head into the attic they may see something similar to the first picture & think that hey, I need some more insulation. I have lost count of how many people have simply seen something on TV or had an "energy audit" done where they recommended more insulation & I get called in later as they are still uncomfortable or having issues.
While I agree that the attic below definitely needs
Shoot, this doesn't look too bad... let's just spray some more cellulose in there & well be good, right? Well maybe not so fast
Eek, guess we might have a few other things to fix & so glad I put that respirator on (If you do have mouse or other droppings, the old insulation needs to be removed)
Guess what happens if you pay someone to add more insulation & they come across an area like this
Ahhh the sins one can hide under insulation
Three guesses where the mice were coming up... in order to close these areas up you can use plywood, drywall or foam board – in this case we were redoing the bathrooms & eliminated the chase all together
Ready to go – fans now vented outside, all air leakage paths foamed or caulked & electrical junction boxes flagged in case one needs to find them later

• John White

This article is really helpful for those who wondering about the insulation to increase the effectiveness of their home insulation. Proper attic insulation and restoration will seal the gaps or cracks that might permit moisture heat, pest to enter your attic, In addition of that it also helps you to reduces energy expenses during chilling summer season by producing cool temperature inside home and resisting heat transfer from warm air outside. You should try to contact HVAC maintenance provider near you.

• Jody Burr

Hey, Thanks for the information..