Flower Market Dresser Makeover
I found this old harp dresser a couple of years ago and to be honest it looked horrible! There were big gouges on the drawer fronts. The piece was solid oak so I thought I would try to save it.
I started by prepping the piece, sanding, cleaning etc. I used a French blue to paint the whole thing . I did use calcium carbonate to mix with the paint to get the " chalk paint effect"
I still had the problem of the horrible drawer condition so I decided to use an oil painting of this French flower market.
I mesured and cut the canvas to fit the drawers and the side panels.
To attach the canvas to the dresser I used mod podge.
I covered the painting with polyacrylic so you can clean it without damaging the painting. I waxed and distressed all the wood.
Published April 5th, 2016 5:17 AM
4 of 6 comments