Restoration Hardware Inspired Dresser
I picked up this dresser for my inventory and didn't really have a set plan for it. It was in decent shape, minus small repairs. I had some great General Finishes Seagull Gray paint that I wanted to use, and thought this would be the perfect piece! After much sanding, cleaning and prepping the piece I got to painting.
I love this paint because of it's adhesion and smooth finish. Took a couple hand painted coats and then it was on to the glaze and distressing! I distressed with 80 grit on all the high areas and vacuumed the dust. I mixed a couple of my Martha Stewart glazes to achieve a dark charcoal metallic glaze.
It ended up catching in all the right spots and adding so much character to the piece! Another finishing detail we decided to add was the base moulding. It started with some dinky moulding half way up the base.
We rebuilt it with some chunkier moulding to beef it up. I also redid the hardware to an oil rubbed bronze finish.
The whole piece was sprayed in two coats of satin poly for durability. I love the outcome and is now living in the nursery of a baby on the way!
Published February 4th, 2015 12:14 AM