How can I get rid of dog urine order in carpet pad?

+18

I have an old dog who thinks the carpet is her toilet. Cleaning with carpet cleaner machine doesn't work. Any ideas how I can remove the odor from the pad?

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 28, 2021

Hi, Ask at Pet Shop or maybe the Vet's

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jul 28, 2021

Hello. In the past I’ve use the pet formulation pre-treatment solutions prior to using the rug doctor that seem to help. If the carpet pad has been overly saturated stained it may need to be removed or there’s a possibility it’s penetrated the wooden subfloor below.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jul 28, 2021

once the urine gets in the padding it is hard to remove the odors here is some info to help you out

https://www.hunker.com/13423456/how-to-get-urine-smell-out-of-carpet-and-padding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAX4ZozVacA

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jul 28, 2021

Try cleaning with an enzymatic cleaner then follow with odoban.

• Nature's Miracle was a miracle for us!!

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jul 28, 2021

Hi! I ended up removing the carpet and pad, using enzymes on the subfloor and then sealing the subfloor before putting in new flooring. It sounds like you have an ongoing problem as I did. Eventually, the odor becomes almost impossible to remove. My pet just kept going to the same spots and I just couldn't deal with it anymore. By the way, I was shocked how much had stained the pad and subfloor. I had no idea how bad it was. Good luck!

• Sharon Sharon on Jul 28, 2021

I recently helped one of my client's address the same problem..... we got a food marinade injector and used a black light to find the areas, then injected Nature's Miracle into the carpet pad...... no odor. I did shampoo the rug first putting the natures miracle into the water reservoir for the problem areas.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jul 28, 2021

Try some oxy clean and soak the. Spot slightly

• Annie Annie on Jul 29, 2021

If pee'ed on several times, the carpet is ruined

• Maura White Maura White on Jul 29, 2021

Try oxiclean - it cleans and takes out odor of organic liquids like pet urine.

• Sorry to hear about your dog. Once they tinkle in a spot, the smell guides them to do it again. You can try an enzyme cleaner which can be found at pet stores.

• Deb K Deb K on Aug 01, 2021

Hi Jeanette, hope this helps you out, Spray 3 percent hydrogen peroxide on the spot and let sit for a few minutes. Blot dry with a clean cloth. For a stronger solution, mix 3 percent hydrogen peroxide with a squirt of dish soap and a sprinkle of baking soda. Spray this mixture on; let it sit for a few minutes; then blot dry.

• Betsy Betsy on Aug 01, 2021

Hi Jeanette: I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. Also cleaned and whitened my son's baseball pants. The cats peed on them and I found out a year later (they were in a box) and the pants came out white and stink free. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck with whatever you use. Here's their site: https://ht-pet.com/odormute

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Aug 02, 2021

Hi, Ask at Pet shop if they know the answer!

• Dee Dee on Aug 02, 2021

My friend had this problem. And she eventually cleaned the carpet so many times that the pad stayed damp. She had to replace the carpet. But before she did,m she used odorban on the concrete slab and made sure it was really clean. Then she replaced the carpet with LVP flooring to stop the dog from going in that area.

• Just combine one cup water, one cup white vinegar, and 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Allow the the mixture to soak into the spot for 5 minutes, then blot it dry.

• Og Og on Dec 28, 2021

How old is the urine? I have a clothes steamer. Maybe bleach for colors. Try oven cleaner. Ive also cleaned and used lysol spray. They make that smelly powder stuff you can rub into the carpet real good and vacuum. I have DOUSED boiling water on it and use folded rowels and stand on it and jump up and down it a lot of towels will be needed.keep pouring boiling water

• B hill B hill on Dec 29, 2021

Remove carpet then remove pad clean allow to dry keep pad as as template cut a new piece padding install put newspaper between new pad and carpet paper will absorb some of the urine from carpet allow to dry spray with resolve vac and repeat get the dog some diapers