I wanted to create something for my kitchen this Christmas. I found these Salt and Pepper Shakers at Dollar Tree and I also picked up a hard plastic butter dish. At first, I was going to invert the butter dish (top and bottom) but then I decided the salt and pepper shakers would look better sitting in the bottom dish.
From Dollar Tree Salt & Pepper Shaker to Farmhouse Christmas Decor
This is a simple and easy DIY and a way to add a little Christmas cheer to you kitchen. Your guest will want these salt and pepper shakers once they see how cute you made them.
Step 1. (Optional)
- I used 4 wood beads and stained them with antiquing wax.
- This step is optional. I wanted the tray to sit up instead of flat on the table.
Step 2. (Optional)
- I painted the bottom portion of the butter dish with black chalk paint.
- Other options: Leave white, a different color, wrap with twine or ribbon.
Step 3. (Optional)
- I used hot glue to attach the 4 wood beads to the bottom of the tray.
- I painted the salt and pepper shakers with white spray paint and let them dry.
- I used black chalk paint and the dry brush method to give the shakers a rustic worn look.
- I used Mod Podge on both the tray and the shakers to seal them.
- I used my Cricut and a couple of cut files from a bundle I got from Design Bundles.
- I sized the files to fit on my tags and cut them out onto white vinyl.
- If you don't have a cutting machine you can write on the tags.
- I removed the white strings from the tags and used twine to attach the tags to the shakers.
- I used floral sprigs from Dollar Tree and Dollar General to decorate the shakers.
Watch the Video for the Full Tutorial.
Join my community to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers.
My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any of the product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.
Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.