Create Unique One of a Kind Art with Shaving Cream. Shaving Cream Art is a fun project that the whole family can participate in.
How to Create Shaving Cream Art
- Foam Shaving Cream (not gel shaving cream)
- Mixed Media Heavyweight Cardstock*
- Dye Base Ink Pad Refills or Food Coloring
- Wax Paper
- Craft Sticks
- Scraper Tool
- Disposable Gloves
I use the Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer* to hold my ink refills and other crafty supplies.
Shaving Cream Art can get a little messy so a little prep work is necessary.
- For easy clean up…Place a piece of wax paper over a large baking sheet.
- Add shaving cream onto wax paper.
- Add several drops of ink onto the shaving cream.
- Use a craft stick to swirl the ink into the shaving cream.
- Do not over stir or the shaving cream will become muddy.
Place card-stock directly onto the shaving cream and lightly Smoosh.
Carefully lift the card-stock from the shaving cream.
Use the scraper tool to scrape the excess shaving cream from the card-stock.
- Without re-stirring the shaving cream, you can repeat the process several more times.
- The first one will be the most vibrant and will get subtly lighter each time.
Each one will be different and will lighten as they dry.