I want to thank Zibra Paint for partnering with me on this DIY black buffet makeover. All opinions of their amazing brushes are my own.
You know that buffets are one of my favorite pieces of furniture to make over. I buy them whenever I can find them at a good price and in need of some TLC and love.
The things I look for in a buffet before I will bring it home are:
- Is it made of real wood? If the buffet is not real wood, I will not bring it home.
- Are there any major problems in the wood? If there are huge chunks of the wood falling apart of it a dog has chewed up the legs, I will not bring it home.
- Does it have missing hardware? No problem! I can always find new hardware for it.
- Are the drawers functional? Most of the time, we can fix drawers that aren’t working or are missing the bottom inside. When we weren’t confident in our “drawer fixing” skills, I would look at the piece and see if we could turn the broken drawer into a shelf instead and have it work that way.
- Price. This is a huge deciding factor when picking up any piece of furniture. It has to be in my “buffet budget” to have it make sense to bring home and work on it.
Those are the main things I look for when deciding to bring a buffet home or not.