We've seen this project before, but I thought I'd try my hand at it since I had these pots that were in rough shape. If it didn't work out, no problem because I was getting rid of them anyway!
Here they are, pretty gross and somewhat crumbly, except for the small one. I scraped and scrubbed the two larger ones to get the chipping stuff off. Washed them well and let them dry completely.
I spray painted them using Rustoleum's Antique White.
Living close to the beach, I've got a nautical theme going, and I absolutely love "ocean" colors like navy blue and teal. So I added stripes in those colors.
I have this lantern that has been waiting to be used somehow. It was dirty and rusty, so I washed it first.
I painted it navy blue and added a tea light candle. The place that I was going to place my lighthouse doesn't get much direct light, so I opted for a battery operated tea light instead of a solar powered light.
I painted on some windows and a door and set it by my front door. By the way, I used a weatherproof adhesive to attach the lantern so it wouldn't be knocked off. I think it turned out great and really goes with my nautical theme!
Published April 29th, 2016 5:18 PM
2 of 474 comments