How to get rid of a mouse in the insulation?

+4
How to get rid of a mouse in the insulation? Do the ultrasound mouse irritators work to have the mice leave the way they came in?? Anything else people can suggest would be appreciated.

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 25, 2018
    Find where they are getting in and block it with caulk, wood, even steel wool. I like the Tom Kat poison, it comes in little bags you don't even have to open, they chew threw.

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 26, 2018
    a mouse can squeeze in to a tiny hole. if you have pets that eat mice, and the mouse has had poisoned food, your pet will be poisoned as well.

• Shuganne Shuganne on Jun 26, 2018
    I wish I had my cell camera to take a picture of the mouse i was chasing with a broom who ran right underneath the ultrasound repeller to catch his breath before running around the corner and right into my 12 lb. ginger tomcat. Chomp.... I wish. He enjoys playing with them to death. I'm not going to mourn one mouse's painful demise. I live in the country and my 110 year old house has little mouse signs pointing the easy ways in.

Caulk mixed with steel wool is the only thing I've seen be effective to stuff in mouse holes and not get dug out.

I will suggest D-con, but you've got to keep changing up the location; they will by-pass it after awhile. Good luck, Dia.

• See 1 previous
    • Shuganne Shuganne on Jun 26, 2018
      Unfortunately, I'm an expert.

(Let me tell you about the time one got under the truck's hood. It chewed on wire cables, killed whatever that was - I'm not a mechanic - those wires shorted out something else - and ended up making $800 in damages.)

• Shuganne Shuganne on Jun 26, 2018
    I've used mouse poison in my house and my cat is still alive. I will caution you to put it somewhere the cat definitely can't reach, or use those plastic shells. The poison is as tasty for cats - and dogs - as it is for rodents!!

• Diana Diana on Jun 26, 2018
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and ideas. Unsure how the mouse got in - the insulation is in the ceiling of the basement so not that high. Not wanting to use poison as I don't want to have it crawl somewhere inside my house and die - ewww smelly. Steel wool sounds good though in the hole if ever we find it.