Weeds in pavers?

+12
  • Here's what I use: Take a spray bottle and cover the bottom with salt and fill it up with vinegar. Add a few drops of dish soap and shake. Spray on the weeds.

https://www.hometalk.com/43299149/all-natural-weed-killer

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jun 29, 2021

What's worked for us is salt. No harm to the environment but nothing will grow in a soil that has a really high salt content. I try to buy a few bags of the pet safe sidewalk salt when it goes on sail in the spring time.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jun 29, 2021

spray with a weed killer and it will get rid of them

• William William on Jun 29, 2021

I use one cup of vinegar, one cup of salt to two gallons water in a garden sprayer. Saturate the weeds till dripping. Do not use on lawn or in garden. Will kill everything. Boiling water on weeds in lawn and garden.

• I use straight vinegar in a spray bottle on ours.

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Jun 29, 2021

Weed killer

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jun 29, 2021

I don't like using chemicals, so I power washed mine.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 30, 2021

Vinegar will kill it if you aren’t concerned about other plants.

• Please avoid chemical killers, they're so so so bad for you and the environment. If there are no other plants around, sprinkle in some table salt.

• Dee Dee on Jul 01, 2021

I use Salt and white vinegar. Pour on the salt then spray with white vinegar. The weeds will be dead in a few days if it does not rain.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jul 01, 2021

Make weed killer with 1 qt of white vinager 1/4. Up of salt and 3 squirts of dish soap mix well and put in a spray bottle and spray the weeds were you don’t shan’t them to grow

• Betsy Betsy on Jul 01, 2021

Hello Sherri: Borax

You might not have thought of using this kitchen must-have in your garden, but it’s very helpful for killing unwanted weeds. All you have to do is add 10 ounces to 2 ½ gallons of water, mix thoroughly, and spray onto the weeds thoroughly. Watching them wither away smugly, optional.

Cornmeal

The proteins in cornmeal – or specially-processed corn gluten meal – stop any seed from germinating and growing. You can also sprinkle cornmeal on grown weeds, it’ll kill them just as well as it’ll stop them from growing.

Vinegar

One quick way to get rid of weeds? Pouring or spraying a little white vinegar on the offending weeds. This acidic masterpiece is perfect for shriveling weeds, just be careful of your flowers. A little excess spray won’t hurt them, but accidentally pouring the same amount of vinegar on your flowers as your weeds could kill them.

Or, what I have used with great success:

Homemade Weed Killer:

The recipe I use is:

1 gallon of white vinegar

2 cups of Epsom salts

1/4 cup of dish washing detergent, like Dawn.

Mix the vinegar and salt until the salt is completely dissolved.

Mix in the Dawn until mixed well, but not all fuzzy and sudsy, sort of swirl it around.

Put in a spray bottle and spray the weeds liberally, in the morning after the dew has gone. Then, by evening the weeds should be dead or on their way out. Don't spray anything you want to keep or it will die too. I have used this and it works quite well. Also, it's good for making an edging as it kills only what it touches. If you have something like a piece of cardboard, hold it up and down, edgewise, and spray the area you want as an edge. Just be careful not to spray your flowers and/or bushes.

WEED KILLER WITH DAWN

1 gallon white vinegar

1 cup of salt

1 Tbsp liquid Dawn

Combine ingredients and put into a spray bottle and spray the weeds at the sunniest time of day.

This mix is very effective so make sure it doesn’t spray on something you DON’T want to kill.

Good luck

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 05, 2021

Hello there,

You could use a long handled tool especially made to remove them or use a burner lance or maybe use salt!